- Processing of Personal Data,
- Data Confidentiality,
- Data Subject's Rights.
Processing of Personal Data
- ESET Social Media Scanner offers protection of Twitter and Vkontakte social media accounts:
- In order to ensure protection of end user’s Twitter Account, ESET Social Media Scanner requests permissions to read tweets from your timeline; see who you follow, and follow new people; update your profile; post Tweets for you ans access your direct messages.
- In order to ensure protection of end user’s Vkontakte Account, ESET Social Media Scanner requests permissions to information located in end user’s account such as id, name, timezone, photo, wall posts, email address, friends and communities and their wall posts, tags and groups.
- ESET Parental Control contains functions which allow End User to control access of managed users to certain group of web pages and/or mobile applications, time management and location finding. In order to enable these features, it sends information to the ESET, including but not limited to information on visited websites, locations, mobile applications, information about the computer, including information about the operations and functionality of the ESET Parental Control. The information may contain data about the End User or other managed users (You may specify managed users by name, age or even photo if you like to), information about the computer, the operating system and applications installed, files from the computer on which the ESET Parental Control is installed. We may contact you via MEC Account and ESET Parental Control messages or email with reports and/or notification which can be customized by You.
- ESET Anti-theft prevents loss or misuse of critical data in direct connection with theft of a computer. This function is switched off under the default settings of the Software. If you chose to activate this function, data about the stolen computer will be collected and sent to ESET, which can include data about the computer's network location, data about the content displayed on the computer screen, data about the configuration of the computer and/or data recorded by a camera connected to the computer. ESET allows You to access collected data for the 3-month period required to achieve the purpose for which the data is obtained before it is deleted.
- ESET License Manager data requires licensing information only to provide managing functions to Your licenses.
- Contact information and data contained in your support requests may be required for service of support. Based on the channel You choose to contact us, We may collect your email address, phone number, license information, product details and description of your support case. You may be asked to provide us with other information to facilitate service of support.
Even if it is our legitimate interest to better understand Your needs and to optimize this service and experience, we prefer to ask you for consent when it comes to cookies. We also use third party services provided by:
- Google. Google Analytics uses data such as ad views, analytics, browser information, cookie data, date/time, demographic data, hardware/software type, internet service provider, interaction data, page views, serving domains, IP address, search history, location based data.
Do Not Track mode of Your browser is always available and supported.
ESET is a company operating worldwide via affiliated entities or partners as part of our distribution, service and support network. Information processed by ESET may be transferred to and from affiliated entities or partners for performance of the EULA such as provision of services or support or billing. Based on your location and service You choose to use, We might be required to transfer your data to a country with absence of adequacy decision by the European Commission. Even in this case, every transfer of information is subject to regulation of data protection legislation and takes place only if required. Privacy Shield mechanism, Standard Contractual Clauses, Binding Corporate Rules or another appropriate safeguard must be established without any exception.
We are doing our best to prevent data from being stored longer than necessary while providing services under the Terms and EULA. You can close Your my.eset.com account and delete all services and information associated with it at any time. Deactivation of my.eset.com account does not affect licenses of products associated with my.eset.com services.
ESET implements appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security which is appropriate to potential risks. We are doing our best to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services. However, in case of data breach resulting in a risk to your rights and freedoms, We are ready to notify supervisory authority as well as data subjects. As a data subject, You have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Data Subject's Rights
ESET is subject to regulation of Slovak laws and We are bound by data protection legislation as part of European Union. You are entitled to following rights as a data subject:
- right to request access to your personal data from ESET,
- right to rectification of your personal data if inaccurate (You also have the right to have the incomplete personal data completed),
- right to request erasure of your personal data,
- right to request restriction of processing your personal data
- right to object to processing as well as
- right to data portability.
If you would like to exercise your right as a data subject or You have a question or concern, send us a message at:ESET, spol. s r.o.
Data Protection Officer